Saturday, April 9, 2011

Friday, March 25, 2011

When we weren't

It's exceedingly difficult these days to correctly express what's manifest. I believe moreover, it's tantamount to be breathing. Tantamount to what I imagine is sunlight. Somewhere else watches eager.

Friday, March 4, 2011

So it's time at last. We are gone, or, to be gone. It's been too long since mountains.

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Up from broken stairwells

spitting bone and chalk,

spitting fire and half-truth.

Up through what waits with drums;

Up through shadows

Up through the perforated night as violent clouds

pretending otherwise.

Pretending we died a long time ago,

Monday, January 10, 2011

Packing once again...

Beatriz and I checked out the house we're looking to rent today, it's definitely workable for the price. And being right next door to Mark and Ember should be pretty fun. We're working on getting everything boxed up this week, we are supposed to sign the lease this Friday, and should be able to move in all this weekend. I'm hoping to rent a Uhaul to make the job a bit more efficient. It would be amazing if we could be mostly done by Sunday....

Friday, January 7, 2011

Holidays and their aftermaths.

Bea and I went to back to Boston for the holidays to see my mom and sister. It was really nice, we ate, as always, impeccably well. I miss the organic french chickens and Wellfleet oysters most. All in all it was quite reserved this year, something was amiss in regard to spirit. I don't quite know what, it was lovely nevertheless. Leaving was it's own ordeal, due to a storm I still say airlines overreacted to, our flight into Phoenix was canceled. Along with hundreds of others. We were supposed to be home December 28th, but the best Jetblue could offer me was an evening flight to San Diego. We got in around midnight and rented a car and drove back to Prescott... I was exhausted to say the least...

Getting home wasn't the end of our turmoils though, upon return we received notice from the bank that they had begun the eviction process in order to get us out of our house so they could sell it. This wasn't by any means unexpected, but regardless we weren't sure when it would come to pass. So since getting back Bea and I have been scrambling to find a new place and sign the necessary paperwork for relocation assistance. If all works out we more than likely will come out ahead. The knowledge of which though does little to ease the stress of the matter. I'm uncertain when I'll finally be able to relax a bit, I've been unable to sleep soundly and live my days in measured sighs.

Sunday, September 12, 2010