Monday, January 4, 2010

Need to get the hell out of here.

So since we've gotten back, we've reached the final straw in our relationship with our house. A pipe had apparently been leaking for upwards of a month in our bathroom. The situation was only exacerbated by having the bathroom door shut for nearly the entire time we were away on vacation due to a need to separate our cats. The stagnant air and the fact that the pipe in question was hot water made the perfect breeding environment for mold. So underneath our tub within the cabinetry was a massive amount of mold and general water damage. Being that we've had major issues getting anything fixed in a timely manner we pretty well made up our minds to get out as soon as possible.

Bea and I submitted an application to rent our friend's old house and are hopeful to hear something within the next couple of days. I'm trying not to get overly excited about the potential of getting into it, but it's rather hard not to fantasize about it. I'm most excited about the prospect of the green house room. I think that it would be amazing and cathartic to be able to garden. The inside of our current house is too dark to support any plant life, and the soil in the backyard is too bleached by the proximity to a creak to support anything but weeds. After visiting my sister and seeing how easily things grow there, I was quite jealous of the luxury of fresh herbs. And with a greenhouse I'd actually be able to have a small vegetable garden.

I went back to work today and have to say I've actually missed it quite a bit. Also, it was nice to know that everything has been moderately quiet, so I haven't really missed anything. It's a strange time to be working at a college, everything is deserted so to speak, and it feels a bit like ghostland.

No comments:

Post a Comment